Frequently Asked Questions
The start of the school year can be a time of uncertainty, especially for those new to the school. Below, we have tried to answer some of the most common questions asked by families at this time of year:
- I am new to Oslo. Can you recommend any good websites that will help with the transition?
- Does OIS offer any child day care or camps during the summer?
- Is there a detailed calendar of upcoming events?
- When does school start?
- What about class lists and class schedules?
- Does my child need to bring a laptop to school?
- Is there a school uniform at OIS?
- How do I inform school if my child is absent?
- Does OIS have a school bus service?
- Is there parking at school?
- Is it easy to travel to school by public transport?
- Can my child bring his/her bicycle or scooter to school?
- Is there a school lunch service?
- How does the school inform me of important dates and notices?
- How do I join the Parent Association?
- Can I register now for after school activities?
- Is my son/daughter entitled to financial support from the Norwegian government’s Lånekassen?