Frequently Asked Questions
We've answered these questions a lot...
Below are some common curated questions/answers that have been asked by applicant families over the years. We hope the answers may be of service to you.
You may also have specific questions to ask us and are welcome to use the Enquire button immediately below.
- My child does not speak English, can they still attend OIS?
- Will my child(ren) learn Norwegian?
- What does the application evaluation consist of (is there entrance testing)?
- Does OIS offer a bus service?
- What is the average student class size?
- In what way(s) is OIS authorised by the Norwegian government?
- Does OIS offer scholarships and/or financial aid?
- Can students qualify for grants from Lånekassen (the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund)?
- Can a student apply to OIS, move to Oslo, and attend school by themselves?
- Does OIS offer boarding services?